For Both of Us
Updated: Apr 20, 2019
(from the NaPoWriMo prompt: write a poem that uses the form of a list to defamiliarize the mundane.)
1. Listen to you get up with the alarm.
2. Wait for you to brush your teeth and start the shower.
3. Slip into bathroom once you are showering.
4. Grab dental floss, toothpaste, electric toothbrush, and pills.
5. Take things to kitchen counter and floss.
6. Throw away floss and wash hands.
7. Reach into bathroom to grab pre-rinse bottle from counter by door.
8. Take swig and slosh.
9. Replace bottle and close door quietly.
10. Make bed while pre-rinsing.
11. Spit into kitchen sink.
12. Put paste on toothbrush.
13. Turn on toothbrush.
14. Top front.
15. Bottom front.
16. Top back.
17. Bottom back.
18. Spit into kitchen sink as shower turns off.
19. Reach into bathroom to grab post-rinse bottle from counter by door.
20. Take swing and slosh.
21. Replace bottle and close door quietly.
22. Go to kitchen and take pills.
23. Pour coffee for both of us.
24. Wait for the bathroom door to open.
25. Assess your mood.